When I get asked how I do it with four kids and single motherhood I just reply with ‘I honestly don’t know’ which, genuinely is the honest answer.
Some days I wonder how I get my head off the pillow to get up and start the day, (pic with eye bags included!!) never mind building the business and making sure the children all have what they need. But, what makes it all worthwhile besides the smiles on my beautiful small peoples faces is the absolute satisfaction I feel when something I have worked on so hard finally takes shape and then goes live to the world.
It’s weird, I keep looking at the website and saying to myself… ‘this is mine’ , ‘I did this’ (with the help of my amazing web design team) in disbelief. I really hope you love it as much as I do. 🙂
What we’ve done…
- Added as many of our very fabulous, handpicked items to the website to give you a wide variety of gorgeous modern picks for kids and the home and have loads more to add so make sure you’re connected to our mailing list & social pages for updates.
- Worked super hard to simplify your shopping experience by adding categories and sub categories to help you easily navigate your way round the site.
- Helped you ensure your friends always get you the gifts you really want, with an awesome gift list registry which enables you to set up a wishlist of items you’d really like ahead of an occasion like new baby arrival or birthday.
- Added a ‘click & collect’ option for our local customers to give you the ease of shopping anytime during the day or night and collecting pretty much instantly during open hours; the importance of building and maintaining relationships locally is hugely important to us as well as welcoming new customers nationwide.
Still to come…
- Super exciting ‘pick n mix’ gift box facility, designed to allow you to pick and mix items from our website for us to transform into a perfect box of goodies for your most favourite recipients!!
- Awesome new Furniture and cots from global brand Bloom including the recent favourite Fresco Highchair, posted all over Instagram by none other than Mumma Kardashian, Kris Jenner! As well as a whole lot more design led products to compliment the modern home
- Instagram Shop Facility – Very soon you’ll be able to seamlessly shop our Instagram page directly from our website, so if you love the look of one of our pics and just have to have one of the items, no worries, we’ve got it covered!
We hope you find the shopping experience easy and enjoyable and would always welcome feedback if you feel we are missing something and look forward to hearing all your reviews in the future.
I was recently approached by the very lovely Stella Lancey to join forces in offering her expertise in baby massage at our store and couldn’t say no as it was such a great idea and collaboration for us.
As a store we not only offer beautiful products to purchase but would also like to serve the baby/parent community with extras that we feel would be of benefit and this is indeed one of them.
Stella has been trained in massage for over ten years and has also been, and is an active swimming teacher so is very experienced in dealing with small people.
The courses will run for 8 weeks starting on the 16th October. The course cost is £100 which includes all oils and equipment required. There will also be a take home pack available to purchase at an extra cost of £30 which will include 2 x bottles of oil, a baby mat, 2 x towels, wet wipes, certificate and all handouts with course literature to ensure you are getting the most out of your classes.
To sign up for the course or for even more information please get in touch. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Couldn’t have been happier last week when I was approached by a reporter from Wales Online. To have a chance to contribute to an article so close to home for me was fantastic, I am extremely passionate about women and particularly Mums having the support to both return to work and start their own businesses so it meant a lot.
Read the full article here.
Hope you enjoy.
Some really cool products have arrived at Barney & Beau this week – here are some of our favourites:
Ooh Noo Toddler Rocking Horse – £230
This beautiful piece of design provides fun, safety and comfort in the shape of a well cushioned, sturdy rocking horse. It absolutely challenges convention and is a truly modern take on the traditional rocking horse.
Suitable for ages 1.5 – 4 years.
Cam Cam Dolls Cot – £95
This dolls baby cot is as close to the real thing as any child could wish for. Designed with beautiful harlequin cross detail and finished to the highest quality, it really is perfect to be passed down through generations. Available in Grey, Rose and White with mattress and bedding as added extras.
Misioo Ball Pit – £110
Dare I say this could be the pick of the year for us!
Made form high quality, durable foam, these super stylish ball pits come with 200 balls and a washable, removable cover. In a choice of colours from grey with pale pink to simple black and white balls the scandi design is just perfect for the modern home. Safe, stylish and comfortable with endless hours of fun for baby and toddler… What more could you wish for?
Suitable for babies 12 mths +
So its happened, we are officially open. Its hard to believe from sitting in my hair salon and learning of their relocating that the idea for Barney & Beau was born and many months later here we are.
Its been lots of hard work and as a single mummy to four children sometimes very exhausting, but as I sit here in the shop all finished and looking very beautiful it’s worth every minute.
So a bit about who we are and what we do…
We are a nursery & lifestyle store for babies and kids. I’ve worked tirelessly researching to find the perfect brand matches and the most beautiful, design led products with functionality that look fabulous. The brands are a mix of well established European power houses to independent British businesses run by women and particularly mums.
We are extremely passionate about supporting fellow women/mums in business and wherever possible will always opt for these suppliers.
Whether you’re looking to plan your nursery, design a play space or simply purchase a beautiful gift for someone we can help.
Brands include… Sleepyhead, Ferm Living, Liewood, Wee Gallery, A Lovely Little Company, Noodoll, Storksak, Jellycat, Ooh Not, Tobias & The Bear, Cam Cam Copenhagen, Moccstars & many more.